Re: [TowerTalk] Foundation for new tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Foundation for new tower
From: k1ttt@arrl.net
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:45:20 -0500 (EST)
if you don't have the manufacturer's specifications that cover your
situation then the best thing to do is to have a qualified engineer study
the tower and installation site and make proper plans.

i would spend a lot of time getting the specifications for that 'jointing
collar', depending on how it connects it could greatly reduce the weight
and wind load capability of the tower above the collar.