[TowerTalk] weatherproof control voltage connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] weatherproof control voltage connectors
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:38:57 -0500
I need to put some relays way out in a field to control some receiving antennas. I have a pretty nice grey plastic, gasketed junction box that I can use, and will use one-hole chassis-mount coax connectors for the RF lines, but I'm a little stuck on the control lines. These are 12 volts at very low current. Ideally I'd like to have some sort of connectors that would mount in the side of the plastic box without compromising the weatherproof character of the box. I know that I could use a body-mount trailer connector but they are awfully large. Any better thoughts?

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated 20 Oct 2004
2796 contest stations at