[TowerTalk] Question re Making the Best of A Damaged LM-470

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Question re Making the Best of A Damaged LM-470
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:34:15 -0500
My LM-470 was damaged in a windstorm about a year ago and has been since replaced by a new model. The primary damage was that the 2nd section from the top was bent over at about six feet up from its bottom. I was thinking that I could use what's left of the tower as a fixed height tower of about 70 feet by welding the individual sections together. I was also thinking of fabricating some kind of tilt base to allow me to tilt the entire tower up and down from the base by means of a winch, tow truck or similar means. Dopes anyone have any opinions on the advisability of such a scheme? I'd appreciate whatever info you can provide.

73, Joe