[TowerTalk] Help! Need specific tower/ant. photos for Zoning Board

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help! Need specific tower/ant. photos for Zoning Board
From: "John WA2GO" <xnewyorka@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 01:22:28 -0500
Hi all,

I am filing a for a Building Permit in conjunction purchasing a great qth. (21 hilltop acres at 41.7068N x 73.7543W)
The town has a 35' height restriction, but I think I can overcome it with the help of PRB-1 and a very well-prepared application. (I am following K1VR's book to the letter.)

I would like to include in my application some specific antenna photos that simulate what I will be putting up. If you have a hilltop qth on a wooded hill, with a tower high enough to get your antennas above the treetops, but the view of the tower(s) is mostly or completely obscured by trees, could you please email me some photos of your antennas taken from known distances.

Ideally, what I would like is as many of the following as possible, labeled so I can tell what they are:

a photo from 100' - 200' away
a photo taken from 400' - 500' away
a photo taken from 750' away
a photo taken from 1,000 ft away
a photo taken from 2,000' away
a photo taken from X' away, where X is the distance at which an eagle-eye (or binoculars) can still see the antenna, or at least be "kind of, sort of" able to tell that it was there, but with the naked eye you could BARELY be able to tell it is there - it's so hard to see that you almost have to imagine it. (And I need to know what x is.)

Ideally, the photos (and especially the long distance photos) would show the tower/antennas as being very difficult to see.

Preferably Rohn 25G or 45G type tower or equivalent (let me know what type it is.)
I am planning to apply for a 140' tower, a 120' tower, and a 100' tower, and possible a 160M 4-square. (4x130'). You don't need to have all this though - even one tower is fine.

I floated a 3' weather balloon up to 150' and took photos, so if you want to see a photo of that for comparison to your situation, write me and I'll send it to you.

Thanks in advance - it's for a good cause!!!

73,

John
WA2GO