[TowerTalk] tower pics

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower pics
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 14:02:31 -0500

To echo Ken's comments about pictures of OTHER towers...
what you should do is trot out your trusty digital camera,
and take pictures of the views of the tower site FROM THE
VISIBLE NEIGHBORS LOCATIONS.   Then use photoshop to draw
in an image of the tower and antennas, in each of the views.

Work hard at getting scale right...and remember to adjust
greyscale such that the tower doesn't look black or silver...
rather, a grey approaching the reflected color of the sky.

When I applied for my 100' stick in Vermont, I sent a note
to all affected neighbors, with a picture of the simulation
from their direction....and gave the zoning board a subset of
that.  When it came to public hearing time, two neighbors
showed up.

One was there to publicly announce that I was a good neighbor,
and should be allowed to do anything I wanted.

The others...a family...never said anything, but we spent most
of the private time talking about how much damage their cows
did to my flower garden when they got out the prior week.
Cows like Hostas, more than I do, thank goodness!

If you don't have a digital camera...borrow one.  If you don't
have photoshop...make friends with someone who DOES.  Or buy a
copy.  (not cheap...but cheaper than a tower war!)

N2EA
jimjarvis@ieee.org