Re: [TowerTalk] AO - No Plot Display

To: <kk9a@arrl.net>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AO - No Plot Display
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:56:59 -0800
From: <kk9a@arrl.net>
To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 9:38 AM
Subject: [TowerTalk] AO - No Plot Display

> I just bought a new Toshiba notebook computer and I loaded Brian Beezley's
> YO and AO antenna modeling programs into it.  I have used these programs
on
> a number of computers with excellent results, until now.  On my new
computer
> YO works fine however on AO when I switch to plot to see the radiation
> pattern  the display goes black.  I know these programs were written in
DOS
> and not for Windows XP Professional, but on three Dell desktop XP Pro
> computers it works fine.  To start the program I switched to the Command
> Prompt and made it full screen.   I have tried various color control
> settings and computer resolutions without success.  I'm not sure if Brian
> still sells or supports this product, if so it's not well publicized.  Any
> suggestions?
>
> John KK9A

I had the same problem with my Windows XP machine, John. I
ended up running my K6STI programs on my spare Windows 98
machine as that was the easiest fix for me. Another possible
solution that TRlog users have developed is to turn a USB Thumb
Drive into a bootable DOS drive, and then boot the Windows XP
machine into DOS from the Thumb Drive. I haven't tried it, but
seems like it should work. I think you can find details in the TRlog
archives at contesting.com.