Re: [TowerTalk] Oddity in digging a tower base

To: "chris" <chris@fite.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Oddity in digging a tower base
From: "K8RI on TowerTalk" <tower@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 17:16:30 -0500
As a personal opinion, I would not want a water pipe (I read your next post), or any pipe that near the frost line going through my tower base. OTOH, I'm assuming with a 4 call your frost doesn't go near as deep as ours.
We had near 60 degrees Friday and I have a sidewalk that is standing 4" higher than normal in the center.

I would guess, but don't know, the concrete for the tower base would carry the frost line lower and that would have the potential for freezing and breaking.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I have encountered a water pipe 3/4" in diameter running through the middle of the excavation for my tower. It is down 18" of the 36" depth. Should I move it or pour around it?
--
Chris, K4AY

In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.