Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotating Dipole

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotating Dipole
From: "Roland J. Guidry" <rguidry@na5q.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:25:11 -0600
Dick, rather than mess with coils just make dipole or 2 el beam with
fiberglass poles and string some wire inside of it for 40 meters, than let
the excess wire hang down. Most of your current is in the middle and having
bent ends will not diminish your efficiency very much. Kind of like a Moxon,
but with the wires hanging down.

Check out http://www.moxonantennaproject.com/design.htm for dimensions and
you can just let the extra wire hang or tie it together.

Roland, NA5Q

At 08:49 AM 1/6/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>I am in the process of putting up a full size rotating dipole for 40
meters..
>I plan to later shorten it to a loaded 40 foot dipole...the ultimate
>goal is to contruct a 2 element beam on 40...I need a source of loading
>coil core forms that are about one inch diameter.  Also trying to
>decide if loading the elements  or center loading the driven element woud
be more efficient..
>any ideas...Dick W4NTG

This electronic transmission (and/or the attachments accompanying it) may
contain confidential information belonging to the sender, which is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the
distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in
error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this (and/or any
attachments) from your computer.