RE: [TowerTalk] KT34XA Torque Balance

To: "Tod - Minnesota" <tod@k0to.us>,"'Michael Tope'" <W4EF@dellroy.com>,"'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] KT34XA Torque Balance
From: kb9cry@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 17:15:57 +0000
Sure enough, when mounted at the weight balance point, there is more boom on
the front end than on the rear end.  What works for me is to keep the antenna
with it's rear pointed into the wind; the longer front end tends to act as a
sea drogue and the system is more stable.  For those who can't move it around
as the wind direction changes, I support your other efforts as listed.  My only
suggestion is to use a rotator that is not prone to breakage and I will fully
support using an AlphaSpid worm gear rotator.  I intend to put one on my XA
this coming summer.  Phil  KB9CRY