RE: [TowerTalk] Tower "DROP ZONE" or "DROP RADIUS" for Rohn 25G&Trylon T

To: "'John WA2GO'" <xnewyorka@hotmail.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Tower "DROP ZONE" or "DROP RADIUS" for Rohn 25G&Trylon Titan?
From: "Mike Clarson" <mclarson@rcc.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:52:27 -0500
John: Just a suggeation--perhaps you can inquire of the inspector on other
towers built in his jurisdiction and ask to look at a copy of their
application(s) so your engineer can get a better idea of what is required.
If no one else had to provide this information, you may not have to
either.--Mike, WV2ZOW

-
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower "DROP ZONE" or "DROP RADIUS" for Rohn 25G
&Trylon Titan?

The Building Inspector is requiring my engineering drawings to specify what
he is calling the "drop zone" or "drop radius" of the tower.  He wants to
see what is the radius of the circle it will all land inside when it all
comes crashing down.  (perish the thought!)

I couldn't find this figure in the Rohn catalog anywhere. The one engineer I
talked to didn't seem to know about it either.