Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Conundrum

To: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <nv8a@att.net>,"towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Conundrum
From: Dave NØRQ <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:05:49 -0600
I won't argue with the specs or bang for the buck, but I don't understand
the statement about Trylon and "8 ft. pipe".  Maybe they've changed
something, but my Trylon did not have any "pipe" -- just 8  8-foot
sections, along with the 3 leg base (stubs) that go in the concrete.
My T600-64' is 64' tall -- or at least 62', accounting for overlap
where the sections join.

If I had it to do over again, I would be giving both Trylon an ANW
a serious look...

--
Dave NØRQ
www.qsl.net/n0rq/ (includes a Tower Project of how my Trylon went up)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <nv8a@att.net>

I've compared the specs. and prices of Trylon and AN Wireless towers (at least the light-duty ones for each brand) and found the prices to be similar for similar heights and wind loading. But when I consider that

1. The advertised height of the Trylon includes the 8ft. pipe (supplied), whereas the advertised height of the AN Wireless one is the height of the tower itself.