Re: [TowerTalk] tower wenches (was fcc chair)

To: TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower wenches (was fcc chair)
From: Jeff Goldman <k3dua@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:25:24 -0500
The issue (at least not for this reflector) is not how hot the model is, but if the method of installing the ground rod will work, and how effectively the ground rod will provide a GOOD ground when "drilled" into the ground.

They talk about using a 1/2 inch ground rod. I have read here on TT that 5/8 ground rod was the size of choice.

And, they state that the drill tip that is used is slightly larger than the ground rod itself, which will make a hole in the soil that is larger than the rod, thus reducing effective ground contact.

73,
Jeff, K3DUA