Re: [TowerTalk] DF Antenna

To: "joe sloss" <k7mks@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DF Antenna
From: "K8RI on Tower Talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:25:46 -0500
I read you already have a different method in mind, but I used to do DFing as part of my job.
The loop antenna was several turns of insulated wire inside a copper tube with a tuning cap at the base.

The simplest method is to take a piece of 1/2 inch copper tubing long enough to make a loop about 16 inches in diameter. You can play with the number of turns inside, but two is probably a good place to start.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com

This may be stretching "antennas" a bit but.... I'm in need of small "one-hand" carried portable antenna that can be used in the 3-4 MHz range to hunt down a persistent noise at my QTH. I'd prefer to use it with my Davco DR-30 rather than buy a small portable SW radio. Any design ideas?

Thanks, Joe k7mks