[TowerTalk] ruct/corrosion inhibit

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ruct/corrosion inhibit
From: "skip" <k3cc@fast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:01:45 -0500
I have heard a lot of guys talk about coating tower and parts.  There is a
product on the market called POR-15.  It is the best protection against
corrosion I've ever seen.  POR stands for paint over rust.  It is used in
the auto industry for many years.  It seems to work like  "red lead ".  This
was used for coating steel beams, plates whatever and protecting it from
rust and corrosion.  Here's the website
WWW.POR15.com

You can paint over anything and it will hold.  I painted the frames of my
trucks with and even after hitting rocks with the frame the stuff didn't
crack, peel, or rub off.

It should do wonders for towers, and alike.  One note of caution, because it
works so well, be sure that the metal surface that you paint over is
mechanically strong.

tnx fer the bandwidth

de Skip      K3CC