[TowerTalk] Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 25, Issue 162

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 25, Issue 162
From: "George Lee" <geokr5c@cablelynx.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 00:37:03 -0600
This is old data from a 1978 Rohn tower catalog.

It states that Rohn 25 with 20 PSF wind load, No ice will self-support @ 44.7 ft.

With 2SF of antenna added at the apex it will self-support @ 37.6 ft.

As the load increases or Ice is introduced, the numbers drop rather drastically.

I am not taking sides just was curious what this old book said and thought I would pass it on for whatever it is worth.....probably not much.

OH, maybe this would be good to add....."Calculations based on steel yeild strength of 50,000 PSI, does not include transmission line weight or wind load, and is according to E.I.A. Standards in force at that time.

From Rohn Drawing No. B-691119

73, George