Re: [TowerTalk] stainless bolts freezing up

To: "Terry Sharar" <tsharar@earthlink.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] stainless bolts freezing up
From: "WA4MWM" <wa4mwm@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:51:33 -0500
I recently attended a high-performance automotive workshop where a lot of stainless manifold components were being used. On the subject of stainless steel bolts (especially if mixed with non-stainless components), the "high gurus" (manufacturers of the stainless components) ALL recommended using milk of magnesia as being vastly superior to commercial anti-sieze compounds (especially in high heat applications).

I have not tried it, but I do like the cost!

Cliff
NC4CB

----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry Sharar" <tsharar@earthlink.net>