RE: [TowerTalk] 4 way guyed, tiltover 25G?

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist (N6RK)" <richard@karlquist.com>,jimjarvis@ieee.org, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] 4 way guyed, tiltover 25G?
From: Bill Aycock <baycock@direcway.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 11:54:21 -0600
I have a 25g fold-over tower from Rohn. It is normally guyed at four points, in order to provide stability when folding. The hinge is two sections plus part of the hinged section up. There is a cantilever beam used to lower the top part. Specs ay you can add one or two secrions to make it 48,58, or68 ft tall
Bill

At 08:54 PM 1/30/2005 -0800, Richard (Rick) Karlquist (N6RK) wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone else has seen the tiltover
> system which is used by several Frankford Radio Club
> members?  Locally called the W3GM design, but Gerry Mathis
> may have cribbed it from someone else.

If you look at web sites selling windmill masts, they
often show this type of raising system.

Rick N6RK

Bill Aycock - W4BSG
Woodville, Alabama