RE: [TowerTalk] Glen Martain

To: "'Rex Lint'" <rex@lint.mv.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Glen Martain
From: "W4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 21:01:28 -0500
Avoid the Glen Martin bearing.  Mine rusted within 18 months.  The tower is
great, but either the Yaesu or HyGain bearing are better choices.  Or make
your own.  I used two or three cutting PVC boards I buy at Wal-Mart, cut to
size, drill for mast size and they work fine.  I've had one up here
oceanfront for almost three years and still good fit even with our
hurricanes.

YMMV.

Jon Hamlet, W4ZW

Casey Key Island, FL
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"