[TowerTalk] MDPL wiring info

To: richard@karlquist.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] MDPL wiring info
From: CubexCo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:49:05 EST
Rick,
I received your other email and will FAX you the data as soon as I relocate
them - we are very busy at Cubex with antenna requirements.

Some clues on operating from a "local" position at the control box.  The
motor is wired for 115v operation - there should be a conventional power plug
at
the outdoor box which needs to be connected to power.   There is a "on/off"
relay in the center of the panel that must be activated to energize the panel.
It is a 115v coil and it can be activated by tracing the "hot" lead to the
terminal strip and jumpering it to the "hot" side of the power cable which also
goes to the bottom terminal strip.   The "up-down" switch is on the side of the
box, and you must wait 5seconds for the time delay relays operate before
anything happens.  make sure that the Up-Down limit switches are connected as
they
interupt the control relay circuits.

Your remote control box only has to supply a Switched 115v source to the
"ON/OFF" relay in the remote panel.  In addition it controls the low voltage
for
the up down relays.  This means only low current wiring is required for remote
operation.  But you need a solid 20 amp source (at least #12 wiring) to supply
the motor voltage - the starting load is high and you may find using an
ordinary extension cord for power will result in the motor never getting out of
the
"start" mode.

I will make an effort to get the schematics to you soon.

Norm W4QN
==============================
In a message dated 2/16/2005 8:07:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,

I am trying to power up an HDX5106 MDPL-1000 winch
motor controller, and need wiring info.
UST sent me 3 pages of drawings, but there
are still missing pieces, such as, does
the motor run on 240VAC or 120VAC?  I know
the control circuits are 120VAC.  I am trying
to run the motor from the tower for now,
and hook up the RMC-1000 later; but it appears
that the RMC-1000 must be connected even
if you want to be in "local" mode.  Also, I
appear to be missing the on/off power switch
at the tower; is there supposed to be one?

Any help would be appreciated.