[TowerTalk] Replace for a BN86 balun

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Replace for a BN86 balun
From: <ec1cwg@dxhunters.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:24:14 +0100
Hello Fms,
I´ve been using a Hygain BN86 balun on my 105CA antenna for the last 2 years.
After the third severe snow storm along this winter, this balun seems to be
damaged with very high VSWR (maybe caused by moisture inside). This is my
second BN86 as first one was hit by the same problem. My opinion is that this
balun seems to be very weak on some points specially those which concern
waterproffing of the box. Although I have a couple of them as spare parts I´m
not in the mod to be going up and down the tower everytime snow fall. I have
searching on the net and I did find a balun that could fill my expectations:

http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/baluns.htm#5%20kW%20Balun

Just wondering if any of you have used this balun on your Hy-Gain antennas or
have any experience with it.
Appart of that, I´ve heard of that turns of the coaxial on the feed point so
far but I would like to try with a balun first. Thansk. 73s
EC1CT Fernando
E-mail: ec1cwg@dxhunters.com
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.