Re: [TowerTalk] ground and conductivity

To: <w2lk@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ground and conductivity
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:14:27 -0500
> A Canadian gov't website claims that the conductivity of
the Great Lakes
> water feeding into the St. Lawrence is about 300 uS/cm
(=30 mS/m).  I grant
> that this is at the downstream end of all the cities on
all the lakes.
> Milwaukee's water department reports that their intake
water (from Lake
> Michigan?) is around 200 uS/cm (20 mS/m)

I only know what we measured and extrapolated to FCC
conductivity Jim using stations at the high end of the AM
BCB.

We did that by measuring the slope of attenuation with
distance.

I care less what someone measures at DC. I would like to
measure the attenuation at HF, but a 1.5MHz large area
sample is certainly closer than a 60Hz sample.

73 Tom