[TowerTalk] gin pole cable attaching

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] gin pole cable attaching
From: "J S Matthews" <matt4988@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:07:38 -0500
I would appreciate help in determining the correct attachment height for
a gin pole cable, here are the facts:  Tower 68' high, wt. 220 lbs. Gin
pole 25' high, it is 50' from tower, cable attaches at top of gin pole &
runs down pole to electric winch   The rotor is a prop pitch motor wt.I
estimate @ 50 lbs. this is set 8' above tower base. From the motor there
is Steel conduit running up 70', the top 10' serves as the mast. The
drive shaft weighs 80 lbs. There is a Sommer 507XP beam 2' foot above
tower top the beam weighs 71 lbs. The tower will be lowered to a height
of 8' above ground when servicing the beam.  I hope with these facts
some one can determine the attachment point for the gin pole cable.

Jack Matthews  W4OWJ