Re: [TowerTalk] Propagation Question on 40 meters

To: k0wa@swbell.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Propagation Question on 40 meters
From: jamesnf@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:21:54 -0500
Lee,

Congrats on working the 3B8 on 40!  You sure were at the right place at the
right time since he was calling cq and not already buried under dozens of QRO
stations.  But covering that distance on 40 with a couple hundred watts and an
inverted vee up 45 ft is not unusual.  You're certainly not going to be as
strong as guys running higher antennas or directional/gain antennas, but 200W
and an inverted vee at 45 ft will easily and regularly work the world on 40.
Enjoy!

Jim W9TM