Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meters

To: btippett@alum.mit.edu, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 meters
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:39:41 EST

In a message dated 3/18/05 5:26:08 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
btippett@alum.mit.edu writes:

Morning  long path from W6/W7 is so common that
I would say it is the predominant  way EU/Middle East
is worked.

Bill is right on the money! My 40m long path (1300-1500Z or so in
Fall/Winter) into Eu/Mid East usually holds better sig levels than the  short
path and I
dont have east coast to contend with. In last fall CQWW CW I  worked 122
countries on 40 and I bet if I took a look at the logs I have more  "mults/hr"
in
the long path period than the short path period. Its just a normal  operating
mode for us out here on 40, and one you have to remember to use. Its  real
easy to continue working the JA's and forget to turn the beam SW!

73, Bob  K8IA
nr The Superstition Mtns
Arizona, USA

http://members.aol.com/bobk8ia/