Re: [TowerTalk] Which grounding panel material?

To: "'Tonno Vahk'" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which grounding panel material?
From: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:20:06 -0500
Hi Tonno,
I use a 3' X 3' piece of aluminum mounted on the wall in my basement. I have
all coax and control cables go through ICE lightning protection devices. I
mounted a coax switch, HF, 2M and a 6M bandpass filters on the panel. I have
a ground tied to the Acom amp which is mounted next to the aluminum panel,
main house breaker panel, phone line and TC cable. There is #4 copper wire
going through the wall to a field of ground rods and on to my tower 150'
away to another ground field of 19 ground rods

Knock on wood, but I have not had a lightning hit of a substantial nature. I
don't disconnect anything. The only lightning damage I have experienced in
25 years of doing this is a DSL modem and a network card in the computer.
That one still puzzles me.

If you would like pictures of the setup, let me know.

N2TK, Tony