Re: [TowerTalk] Wet setting conduit?

To: Craig Lekutis <craiglekutis@wirelessestimator.com>,garyschafer@comcast.net, 'Gene Smar' <ersmar@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wet setting conduit?
From: Craig Sande <ae7i@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:33:37 -0800 (PST)
I finally decided not to risk any compromise to the base by introducing a total
of 5 conduits.  The pour will proceed tomorrow morning per the original
engineering.  When the dust settles, I will take my time installing the conduit
runs to the edge of the pier.  I'll probably use a NEMA  box mounted nearby for
the lightning arrestor devices and have the conduit enter directly from below.
I'll run a 6" copper strap from the NEMA box to the tower.  I'll be sure to
snap plenty of pictures and share my experience when complete.

Regards,

Craig, AE7I

Craig Lekutis <craiglekutis@wirelessestimator.com> wrote:v\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
Craig,

If it?s a slab foundation and the PVC entries are not near the anchor bolts
then it might not be a problem since the foundation is probably designed for
its compressive load and its overturning moment. However, if it?s a pier type
design, it may be a problem since it could affect interaction with the shaft
and anchor bolts. Best practice is to do what you are going to do, check with
your engineer. You?ll find addition information about foundation design at
http://www.wirelessestimator.com .

Best regards,

Craig