Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 55 base adaptor

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>, <barrie@centric.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 55 base adaptor
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 11:01:19 -0500
> I'd like to try something that's a little less impressed
with freaks, so am
> considering Rohn 55, which is also 18" face, but (I've
been told) considerably
> stronger.
>     Yep. While 55 is the same outward size as 45, the 55
has thicker legs.
> And since tower strength is a function of leg capacity,
they're stronger.

People seem to understate the difference between 55G and
45G.

It's not only thicker legs...it has larger joints with three
larger leg bolts, and larger leg diameter. 55 is also 1/2
inch larger across the face, 18-1/2 vs. 18.

73 Tom