Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 55 anew

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 55 anew
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 18:56:41 -0600
  From: Barrie Smith
  To: towertalk@contesting.com
  Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2005 8:52 PM
  Subject: Rohn 55 anew

  I certainly appreciate all the good ideas I've received here in response to
my query regarding adapting Rohn 55 to my existing base.

  K7LXC:  Yes, the "incident" has been reported to the insurance company and
photos sent.  It seems that (other than my $1000.00 deductable) all will be
covered,

  The relative strength of Rohn 55 was brought up a couple of times during the
course of the responses.  So, how strong is it?  Relative to?  Is that an
easily answered question?

  I plan on going up 80' , with guys at the top and midway, and planting a full
or near-full-size 40M beam atop.

  Does this sound reasonable?

  Also, I've only visited one Rohn dealer's site.  There, Rohn 55 was $259.00
per ten feet.  Is that price ballpark?  Are there less expensive places?
There's shipping to consider, as well.

  Thanks, again,

  Barrie, W7ALW