[TowerTalk] Hygain HG-70HD

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hygain HG-70HD
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 12:37:09 -0600
Anyone on the list use, or have practical knowledge/experience with the HG-70HD?

I have one.  It's been installed for several years and is used to support an
30' X 30' H-frame with four 6M yagis for EME.

Since there there's never been any need to crank it up all the way, I've never
done so.

Recently, I've given some thought to using the HG-70HD as my shunt-fed
vertical, at least until I get something else installed.

There's one immediate problem:  I don't know if there are positive stops that
will keep the tower from sliding up too high when I crank it up.

I would think there would be.  The manual says nothing about stops.  I chatted
with another owner and he doesn't know, either.

I really don't want to find out while standing at the base!

Also, what about limit switches?  Nothing in the manual about those, as well.

Anyone know, for sure?

73,
Barrie, W7ALW