Re: [TowerTalk] Real numbers for Rohn BX-64 Re: guying

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Real numbers for Rohn BX-64 Re: guying
From: Chuck Sudds <chuck@dxham.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:06:09 -0500
At 09:34 PM 4/12/05 -0400, David  Thompson wrote:

Yes Dave, *I* was one of those idiots who attempted using an HDBX48 tower
to hold up a KT34XA and a 14 element 2 meter beam atop that!!
Unfortunately, I can no longer find any of the photos of that disaster of 7
years ago, it is still etched firmly in my memory!  DON'T DO IT!  I was
lucky..... nobody was killed or injured!  And yes, I even had mine
guyed!!  I sure do sleep better with my 100ft Rohn 45G properly guyed these
days though.  Do what the manufacturer says!!

Chuck  KØTVD