Re: [TowerTalk] Anti-climb panels for a crank-up tower

To: "Craig Sande" <craig.sande@sbcglobal.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Anti-climb panels for a crank-up tower
From: "Roger K8RI on Tower" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:46:53 -0400

> Nice suggestions Roger, but it wouldn't work well for my situation for a
> few reasons. The county code requires "fencing...either around the
> entire side and rear of the property or around the private communication
> antenna.  In leiu of fencing, the antenna shall be secured with a
> commercial anti-climb device."  The tower is located within a courtyard
> and my wife has so far nixed the fence around the tower idea.  It
> already has more "visual impact" than she wants.  A rose trellis
> wouldn't grow fast enough or high enough here (Nevada isn't the kindest
> environment for some plants) and also wouldn't meet the county
> requirments.  I'll have a discussion with the landscaper and also have a

I would think the fence serving as a trellis or with the lattice covering
the fence would be acceptable...except for the climate<:-))  You have the
fence and it is camoflaged.

Getting creative, you could always build a gazebo with a huge lightening
rod?

Fortunately, around here about the only limit is the "set back" rule to keep
your tower from falling on the neighbors.  We do need building permits if
the tower goes above 80 feet and it has to be properly engineered, but they
accept the figures right out of the ROHN catelog.

> fellow radio op, Tom N7OVC, check it out.  Tom is far more clever than
> me.

Good Luck,

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com