Re: [TowerTalk] Fencing camoflage

To: <mmaddox@aclass.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fencing camoflage
From: "Roger K8RI on Tower" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:04:55 -0400

> The plant you are referring to is called multi-flora rose, and yes it will
> grow to the point that it is a living fence.  However, it will spread very
> quickly.  In many state it is considered a noxious weed and planting it is
> forbidden.  Please do not consider it.  Your extension office should be
> able

And here the soil conservation district offices were giving it to farmers to
plant in fence rows.  OTOH, farming around here almost produces a steriel
environment outside of the crops with bare fence rows, or farm borders.
There aren't all that many fences any more and the hedges did not migrate
out into the fields.

What we no have is that glorious gift called the Emeral Ash Borer.  They've
made anouncements that it's now in our county.  It's been here for some
years.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com