[TowerTalk] Rotor disassembly

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor disassembly
From: Dick Burke <k7rb@tantella.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 08:48:13 -0500
Hi,

I'm trying to refurbish a very old Ham-M rotor. The previous owner
managed to remove one of the 4 bolts holding the housing halves together
and torqued the heads off two others. I managed to torque the head off
the remaining bolt. It seems like the two halves of the housing should
come apart now but I've been bathing it with WD-40 for a couple weeks
and banging on the housing with a hammer, but can't get the two halves
to separate. They must be really corroded together.

I've also managed to break a couple of screw extractors trying the get
the headless bolts out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dick