[TowerTalk] MonstIR Rotor/tower/polyrod question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MonstIR Rotor/tower/polyrod question
From: "Peter Voelpel" <peter.voelpel@t-online.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 00:50:43 +0200
Hi Jan Erik,

Concerning the discussion on towertalk...

I own 4  Prosistel PST2051 advertised for 2,5m² windload.
Two of them got the same failure, the worm-bearing was pushed outside!
That happened at abeout 60-70km/h wind with an antenna of 0,9m² 12m above
ground!

So far all control-boxes have failed, some by static, others by electonic
failure.

Also the mast clamps were not properly drilled, the holes for the
mountingscrews were not aligned

The advertized starting torque of 200Nm I never believe.
I have one in my Versatower, in foldover-postion a HyGain 5-element 10m yagi
could not be turned.

I bought the rotators in 2000, but use only one at present, will sell 2 of them
and go for the canadian rotator

73
Peter, DF3KV