[TowerTalk] 5 band quad

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 5 band quad
From: Felipe Ceglia <felipe-listas@terenet.com.br>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:29:59 -0300
Dear fellow hams,

I am wondering about building a 5 element, 5 band cubical quad beam.

I've taken a look at antenna books 3 band/5 element project, and also on LB
Cebik's pages about quads.
I've also made some eznec models, adding 17/12m elements on the antenna
book's project.

As I could not find any refeences to the antenna book's project on google,
I wonder if someone have a tested project for such a beam, have ever used
one, loves or hates it, etc...

Right now I have a 3 element, 3 band brazilian made antenna (copy of a 70's
mosley beam), with 3 extra elements added obeying the dimensions for the
commercial 6 elements version of this very beam. (3 el. 20m/ 3 el. 15m/ 4
el. 10m)
This beams works somehow nicely, but it uses traps, its a pretty old
project and... extra gain and bands are always welcome.

Looking forward to your comments, and 73,

Felipe - PY1NB
Teresopolis - RJ - Brasil
http://www.dxwatch.com