[TowerTalk] delta loop

To: w7dra@juno.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] delta loop
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 07:08:37 -0400
Just use 450 ohm window line and a DX engineering 1 to 1 tuner balun,
then coax from balun to the radio.  If you want it to be a multi-bander
put a tuner in the line and it will work several bands.  (the delta loop
is typically a 100 ohm feed point)  Go to the DX Engineering web site
and read all about baluns....very well written by (I think) Tom, W8JI.

My 75 meter delta loop is hung at 80 feet , apex up.  I feed it 65 feet
down one leg with 450 ohm line to the DX engineering balun.  On 75 it is
useable from 3750 to 3850 without a tuner.  With a line flattner (Drake
MN2000) I can use it anywhere on 80, 40 and 30.  It has fairly low angle
take off on 75/80.  I am LOUD into EU with it from the east coast.

Take out the balun and feed it to a Johnson Matchbox and you can move
anywhere you want easily.

It took some length adjustment to get it to resonante where I wanted it,
but once done it has been a superb performer on 75, and not bad at all
on 40 and 30.  I have other antennas that are prmary on 80 cw, 40 and 30
so it is not my go to antenna on those bands.

I use the Matchbox for dx'ing etc.  During an ssb contest I will put in
the balun so the op does not have to worry about tuning it, then it is a
dedicated 75 antenna.

Hope this gives you some ideas.  73 bob de w9ge