Re: [TowerTalk] mounting large antenna question

To: <paul@w8aef.com>, <n5pht@simplynet.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] mounting large antenna question
From: "Bill" <w5vx@hiline.net>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:09:55 -0500
Howdy Paul,

Sorry for the delayed response. I was out of town.

Yep, I misread your message. Some antenna manufacturers provide this type of
mount for the truss. I think my old KLM 6 ele 15 had one provided but the 6
ele 10 did not. I agree with you that this is a very good process for
dealing with the problem. A further advantage is that if you want to mount
your antenna at the top of the mast, you can do so.  If you are going to use
the mast to hold up the truss, you have to mount the antenna down far enough
on the mast to mount the truss. The spacing between stacked antennas like 40
and 15 sometimes is pretty important.

I don't think Gary was going to stack antennas but I wish I had thought of
it when I was stacking my 2 ele 40M Cushcraft and Force 12 C3E. They don't
like each other much and I ended up having to rotate them 90 degrees from
each other.

Thanks for the info,

Bill, W5VX