Re: [TowerTalk] Impedance difference on 4080V from Cushcraft?

To: <Dinsterdog@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Impedance difference on 4080V from Cushcraft?
From: "Bob Alexander" <realex@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 19:55:19 -0500
Hi Paul,
I would say your problem is on 40 not 80.  To me, covering almost the entire
40 meter band at the 2:1 points says you have considerable losses involved.
This may sound backwards but it's not.  I just checked the manual on-line
and there is no matching device/ mechanism for the feedline so the best VSWR
should be on the order of 1/4:1 like you have on 80.  I would try adding
more radials and see if the VSWR on 40 gets "worse".  You may find that the
80 meter adjustments need to be redone.
Good luck,
Bob, W5AH