Re: [TowerTalk] Microwave path study

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Microwave path study
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 07:48:34 -0700
I heartily concur.
MicroDEM is real powerful, but is more of a poor man's GIS, with a lot of
disparate functionality, and I found it exceedingly difficult to manipulate.
It's really not aimed at "radio" applications.

RadioMobile has its share of oddities too, but the learning curve to get to
where you can extract useful information is much shorter.
It's oriented towards radio applications from the get-go, and readily
supports evaluations of terrain along a line from one point to another (or
from one point to lots of points in a fan).  Furthermore, it directly does
all the VHF/UHF path loss calculations.