Re: [TowerTalk] 220/240 volt soldering irons

To: kdutson@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 220/240 volt soldering irons
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:07:31 -0400 (EDT)
   From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
   Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 11:04:36 -0500

   I carried a Pyropen on the flight(s) from Houston to Falkland Islands and
   back in checked luggage last November.  Was told not to charge it with
   butane but did anyway without consequence.

OTOH, the RAF, who do the security at Mt Pleasant, objected to loose AA
cells in my wife's baggage, and made her take them in her hand
baggage.  YMMV.

I have a 12V Weller which uses the standard range of TCP tips.  Since
12V at 2.5A is easily come by, this works for me.

   73, Keith NM5G