To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 29, Issue 101
From: "George Lee" <geokr5c@cablelynx.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 16:06:04 -0500
Dick, I have done it both ways and can't positively say one is better than
the other.

I think the most important thing is to keep them as short as possible.  If
they have to be 2-3 ft long I would suggest a wider braid or parallel two
1/2" and see if it makes any difference.

The MFJ-259B will give an indication by a simple test applied after the
braid is in place.  Set the 259B up on SWR and placed on some surface that
does not affect the meter.  Then put your hands on each side of the
instrument and move them away from and back to the instrument about 5-6 ".
If the meter moves at all, you do not have a good "RF" ground and that is
what you are really after.  A good "DC" ground is not what you are working
to achieve.

73, George