Re: [TowerTalk] Update: freestanding tower (not crank-up)

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Update: freestanding tower (not crank-up)
From: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 20:13:23 -0400
I had already decided that I would buy an AN Wireless tower rather than
a Trylon, and my opportunity to handle both at Dayton confirmed me in
that decision: whereas the AN Wireless tower felt extremely solid, I was
able to flex the braces of the Trylon easily (I don't recall trying to
flex the Trylon's main members, but the braces definitely seemed
somewhat flimsy).

Depending on where you are located, the shipping for an AN Wireless
tower might kill you, but Dan's charge to deliver an AN Wireless tower
*to me* (W. Michigan) isn't too much more than the flat rate for
delivering a Trylon.

ISTR that Dan told me at Dayton that he had supplied a gin pole for only
one customer. But a tower could be supplied in pieces and erected in
place piece by piece.

My $0.02 worth.

73

Alan NV8A

On 05/31/05 02:01 pm JC Smith tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup: