Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Hangover

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Hangover
From: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:27:39 -0400
Are you the "overhanger" or the "overhangee"? IANAL, but my guess is
that the owner of the property owns the air above it up to some legally
defined limit. I can't imagine being able to record an easement for such
a situation.

In English law (as I understand it), if a branch of your neighbor's tree
overhangs your property, you are entitled to cut it off, but you have to
return it to your neighbor because it is still his: you can't destroy it
or eat the fruit that's on it. Perhaps the same principle applies to
antennas.

In the case of a building that encroaches on a neighbor's property, I
understand that the concept of "adverse possession" may apply, which I
understand to mean that the encroacher *may* eventually be able to claim
ownership of that piece of the neighbor's property.

According to the plan of our property, the corner of the shed (built by
a previous owner) encroaches 6" into a neighbor's property. I have no
idea whether he knows, and I am not going to mention the subject at all.

That's probably only $0.01 worth.

73

Alan NV8A

On 06/02/05 11:08 am Richard Zalewski tossed the following ingredients
into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup: