[TowerTalk] NK7U Tower info

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] NK7U Tower info
From: Jack NK7J <nk7j@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 20:54:46 -0700
Sorry about being so late on this but I just had a chance to check that
email account, better late than never I guess.

By the way I did talk to Joe today on the phone and he is doing fairly well,
very sore it sounds like and will probably not being doing his tower work
till this fall ;-)!

Anyway here is what was passed to me.

Jack..

Here is the official word on Joe...
73
Jim W7RY

I was with Joe, NK7U, when the accident happened. I have spent a number
of
hours with Joe and his family, the latest just this morning. The
following
is what Sharon, his XYL and I think is appropriate for posting, and we
would appreciate it if you would do that ASAP since you put the
original on
the Internet.

On May 30th Joe was at about the 25' level of the remaining 30' of a
very
old AB-105 tower (24" face) that was mounted on a home-brew pivot base
when
it decided to pivot over at the base. He came down flat on his back
with
two large belt-attached tool bags under him, and the tower partially
across
his chest pinning his left arm-Joe was still very firmly attached to
the
tower. The net result is Joe has several cracked ribs, plus a number of
scrapes and bruises. His son Mike, K7MJR, the homeowner, and I were at
his
side immediately; Joe was fully conscious at all times.

At this time he wants to put the event behind him, complaining that he
will
not be able to finish his summer antenna projects. He just wants to
sleep,
and asks that people not phone or E-mail unless it is an
emergency-again,
he just wants to put the event behind him. I expect him to be here in
Spokane, WA another day or two, as he is pretty sore.

LaMar Ray, WA7LT