Re: [TowerTalk] elevated verticals....radial config.

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>, towertalk@contesting.com,"Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] elevated verticals....radial config.
From: Terry Conboy <n6ry@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:14:35 -0700
Excellent points, gentlemen. Even with a current balun/choke at the feedpoint, the coax feedline can easily couple to the antenna & radials and skew the pattern.

I've included approximations of my two-story house (stucco, with wire mesh) in models of my flagpole vertical, and even though it is 50 feet away, there can be significant pattern distortion. The real world is ugly.

73, Terry N6RY