[TowerTalk] HD73

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] HD73
From: Craig Clark <jcclark@worldpath.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 07:45:42 -0400
>After talking with Norm at RotorNorm, it has been determined the rotator
>took a wind torque hit which has damaged the gear train.

The gears in the HD 73 sit in a U shaped bracket. I broke two of the
brackets when we had high winds in winter storms and the antenna rotated to
the stop and then started banging on the bracket. In each case, the
brackets broke and had to be replaced.

The issue is the HD73 has no brake and in high winds the antenna will
slowly "weather cock."

CRAIG CLARK , K1QX
PO BOX 209
RINDGE NH 03461