[TowerTalk] Mixing Galvanized & Copper Ground Rods

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mixing Galvanized & Copper Ground Rods
From: doc <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:40:30 -0400
I think I already know the answer to this but would like the benefit
of the gathered wisdom of list members if I may?

The power company here in West Central Florida installed two galvanized
ground rods at the breaker box.

Because the soil is sugar sand, and because I need to mount a
copper-nickel plate for the lightning protection devices, I need to
install another four rods and am wondering if it matters if I install
copper or galvanize pipe or rod.

The concern is about mixing metals in close proximity, 8-10" at the
closest point.

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e

           |_|___|_|
           | | & | |
              {|
      /\      {|
     /  \     {|
    /    \    {|
============\ #    West Central Florida
http://bibleseven.com
Ham PC = 100% Linux Novell-Suse 9.2
Halli, Heathkit, Homebrew, MFJ, TenTec, Yaesu
Radio Life: http://www.gospelcom.net/twr/
Linux-Incompatible hardware is defective!