Re: [TowerTalk] Installing a New Tower - Trylon Titan T200-96'

To: Paul Ewing <pewing@plxtech.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Installing a New Tower - Trylon Titan T200-96'
From: Glenn Rattmann <k6na@cts.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:55:13 -0700
"Can't", "won't", or "don't want to?"

I respectively recommend you not accept a verbal statement on the topic of
what the city allows, or doesn't allow, per their own regulations.  Towers
are logically a building-and-safety issue, and I would ask them for a
written statement about the appropriateness of your interest in getting a
building permit.  A building permit protects you and them.  You might have
to study the regulations yourself, and get an appointment with a supervisor
in that office.

You want them to tell you in writing, or quote a regulation, as to their
recommended path for you to follow.

A tower installation is a major undertaking, with some risk to you.  I
would not proceed without a defined path going in.

Glenn K6NA