Re: [TowerTalk] Installing a New Tower

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Installing a New Tower
From: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:29:27 -0400
I am glad to be living in Holland Township, MI: antennas/towers up to 70
ft. high used for radio/TV reception or for use by an FCC-licensed
Amateur Radio operator are exempted from all regulations concerning
towers. No permits are required. They don't want any drawings or
certificates and don't even want to inspect the foundation to make sure
the thing is safe: if it falls down and damages property or injures
anyone, that's my problem. They told me their lawyer took one look at
PRB-1 and said, "We're not going to mess with the FCC."

The City of Holland and many other townships around here have similar if
not identical wording.

Alan NV8A

On 06/28/05 10:31 am Kelly Johnson tossed the following ingredients into
the ever-growing pot of cybersoup: