Re: [TowerTalk] wires in trees

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] wires in trees
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:38:00 -0700
Hi All

I'd rather have a wire high up in a tree than one down low that ISN"T in a
tree.  I have 2 inverted V's up about 90 feet with the center in the tree's
and they work fine.
I used to run a vertical cage in a tree.  I had 4 wires hangin down around
the trunk, tied together at the top and bottom, and the top hat thrown in
the branches of the tree.  It was a version of the old military vertical
that ND7F (think that was his call) used to run.  Worked good and it was
really broadbanded..  Someone had it written up in CQ years ago.  73

Tom W7WHY